Del Sol LXi I/O ST (Step-Thru) 2018
New for 2018, the LXI i/O brings the future to you. Featuring Shimano’s renowned STePS center-drive eBike system, and built around Del Sol’s proven upright comfort geometry, the i/O is the ultimate in pedal-assisted convenience.
True to the LXi series, the new I/O e-bike blends comfort and performance in a leisure-orientated, ergonomically friendly package. Boosted by the Shimano STePS electronic pedal-assist drive unit, this particular LXi model can help you travel further, faster and easier than ever before… Arrive at your destination fresh and energized, regardless of hills, headwinds or distance. Suddenly the bicycle becomes a much more viable option for some of those journeys usually reserved for the car.
- A mid-drive system which keep the majority of the weight as low and as central as possible – aiding balance and easy handling.
- Pedal-assist system, meaning the power is only applied when pedalling which, in turn makes for natural-feeling power delivery, feel and handling (i.e. like a ‘normal’ bike).
- Power is delivered in a smooth, silent and natural-feeling manner thanks to the built-in pedalling sensor.
- Shimano’s newer E6050 high 418 Wh capacity (36V, 11.6 Ah) battery unit ensures 1,000 charge cycles without battery degradation and a single-charge range of approx. 65/85/125km depending on selected mode (high/normal/eco) and terrain.
- Motor output is limited to a very respectable 20mph/32kph as per the North American e-bike regulations.
- Option to charge the battery in-situ (still attached to the bike) and, thanks to a new charger, the ability to charge the battery from flat to 80% in a mere 2hrs (full charge takes 4hrs) to help you out in a pinch.
- With the handy walk-assist mode, the additional weight of the bicycle isn’t a problem – even when you’re not pedaling.
- Frame: Del Sol LXi 6061 Alloy for Shimano STePS w/ internal cable routing
- Fork: SR Suntour NEX DS 50mm travel w/lockout
- Chainset: FSA for STePS crankset
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus M370 9-spd
- Cassette: Shimano HG-200 9-spd 11-34T cassette
- Pedals: Comfort w/Kraton rubber inserts
- Drive Unit: Shimano STePS E6001
- Battery: Shimano STePS E6050 418Wh
- Handlebar: Alloy riser bar, 35mm rise,
- Stem: Adjustable threadless stem, w/3 x 10mm spacers
- Grips: Del Sol Comfort
- Shifters: Shimano SL-M370 9-spd
- Saddle: Del Sol Comfort
- Seatpost: Suspension 27.2 x 300mm
- Hubs: Alloy 32h cassette w/ quick release
- Rims: Doublewall alloy
- Spokes: Stainless 14g
- Tires: Kenda Kwick Nine 27.5 x 1.75″
- Brakes: Tektro M285 Auriga Hydraulic w/ 160mm rotors
- Extras: Rear-Mount Kickstand
*** The image is a rendering and not 100% finalized spec.